Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

In My Dreams

Just realized I had a dream a couple of nights ago with a BIG Philco in it...possibly a 37-610.  As you may remember (I'd be surprised if you do), I divested myself of my radio collection a couple months ago.  It's a different feeling not having all that radio gear around (except for 2 I kept). 

At any rate, I guess the withdrawal is going well, but having a dream with a radio in it claims part of my brain still.  Don't know what the occasion was that I was inspecting this very nice set, but whether I acquired/bought/stole/or otherwise...it resulted in a "to be continued" dream segment.  I suppose these kind of REMs will remain with me the rest of my days.  If so, it's OK! Icon_smile

BTW, still not finding everything after our move to a smaller place.  I think our auction claimed some items that were not supposed to be included.  Icon_eek  

Hi Art
Sorry to hear of your withdrawl.
Funny how stuff creeps into dreams..
Find anything smaller to collect? Just kidding

Take care

Tim

Here's an idea.
Start collecting bugs. From the radios. Ask everyone to send you all the bugs found in old radios. Icon_lol
Bugs only. No dead mice or stuff like that.
Although this is likely to become spider collection - I have not found any other critters inside. Icon_lol

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(07-01-2016, 02:34 PM)morzh Wrote:  Here's an idea.
Start collecting bugs. From the radios. Ask everyone to send you all the bugs found in old radios. Icon_lol
Bugs only. No dead mice or stuff like that.
Although this is likely to become spider collection - I have not found any other critters inside. Icon_lol

OH, but I have!

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

I found a rodent in my 1975 Chrysler Newport, a black rat caught in the tried and true Victor brand rat trap I put in there. I have yet to find a dead rodent in a radio, the closest I have found was bits of manure. I have found lots of dead spiders, maybe one or two live ones, I once found an dead spider and a dead yellow jacket in the same radio, I wonder who won?
Regards
Arran

(07-02-2016, 04:06 AM)Arran Wrote:   I found a rodent in my 1975 Chrysler Newport, a black rat caught in the tried and true Victor brand rat trap I put in there. I have yet to find a dead rodent in a radio, the closest I have found was bits of manure. I have found lots of dead spiders, maybe one or two live ones, I once found an dead spider and a dead yellow jacket in the same radio, I wonder who won?
Regards
Arran
Sounds like it ended in a draw. Icon_e_confused

I have found the usual, lots of spiders but the different things found have been a mouse skeleton, one chassis full of dog kibble, and the best one, three $5 bills folded up and hiding in the chassis.

Gregb

When I see this topic title, I think of this...

[Video: https://youtu.be/-SAM3AZDKYg]

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi Art!  Glad you're  keeping in touch.  See, the radios are all still with you, in the recesses of your REM mind.
I had a strange sort of dream earlier this week as well.  I was having a discussion with a neurosurgeon.  He was explaining a surgery I needed to consider.  He told me without the surgery I would certainly die.  However, with the surgery I would survive, but have absolutely no memory of anything in my life - period.  I woke before I made a decision in my dream.  However, in my awakened state I decided I would rather die with my memories than survive with nothing.  Kind of a disturbing dream,  but I guess the mind has ways to remind you that memories are worth living for.  Take care, Gary.

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan