Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 71 Code 121 console value?

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate place to ask this question but a friend of mine is downsizing and has a Philco 71 code 121 console that he wants to sell. He has no idea what the value is and I would guess a value around $125 but I thought that I'd ask the group for their opinion.

The radio appears to be in very good cosmetic condition and I'm told that it works well. The owner isn't computer savvy but will probably find someone to either put it on craigslist (Minneapolis) or Ebay with local pickup.

BTW - I have no interest in the radio. I'm just trying to help the guy out.

Attached Files Image(s)

I think that if the chassis hasn't been restored then $150 OBO would work as an asking price since the finish on the cabinet looks good, you could always go down from there. Definitely go with craigslist, or the Buy and Sell section on this site, at least they are free, and you can get the money when a buyer comes to collect, if he flakes out you can sell to someone else. Craigslist is usually where I buy or sell stuff, now, or sometimes just give it away to be rid of it, it's almost always local or near local, and the price of postings is always right.
Regards
Arran

(07-02-2016, 03:58 AM)Arran Wrote:   I think that if the chassis hasn't been restored then $150 OBO would work as an asking price since the finish on the cabinet looks good, you could always go down from there. Definitely go with craigslist, or the Buy and Sell section on this site, at least they are free, and you can get the money when a buyer comes to collect, if he flakes out you can sell to someone else. Craigslist is usually where I buy or sell stuff, now, or sometimes just give it away to be rid of it, it's almost always local or near local, and the price of postings is always right.
Regards
Arran

Thanks for the input Arran.

I'll pass it along and volunteer to list it in the Phorum Buy/Sell section for the seller.

...wow, what a beauty...if I were still looking for consoles and if that one were closer, I would be interested...

And I agree with Arran's value quote. Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Wait, those have two speakers?

No matter where you go, there you are.

Depends where it is but in general my guess is close to Arran's. And it is in great shape, I would pay $120 without haggling for it were it being sold in NJ.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(07-03-2016, 09:52 PM)Jayce Wrote:  Wait, those have two speakers?

Right. I originally misread the tag. It's actually the 2 speaker version a code 221.

Attached Files Image(s)