Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Philco 16B restoration

Today the escutcheon came from Ed.
All I can say, I wouldn't be able to tell it from the original.
Top notch.
Too bad I come home late most days recently due to my resumed grappling practice which ends at about 9pm.
Saturday probably.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Installed it, fits like a glove.

Kirk, thanks again for the screws.
I finished them with Testors gloss enamel, brown, that is sold in Hobby Lobby for $1.70 an ounce bottle.
I dipped them in it, cleared the groove with a toothpick and after drying 10 minutes put them in.

Need one more small rosette knob, will wait until Kutztown.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

This is the ecutcheon.

It is a bit off-color but Ed is not to be blamed; after all he only had my picture from the phone to look at.
I still think it came out great, especially the quality of the piece itself, it is pretty impeccable.

And the radio with it.

Beautiful job, Mike! Icon_clap Icon_thumbup

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Mike

I don't see anything wrong with the color of that escutcheon. Ed did his usual great work. Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

And you'll be wanting a large rosette knob for that band switch.

Congratulations on another great restoration!

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks! Yes need a large rosette knob. I guess the same size as the tuning knob?

Correct-a-mundo.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN