Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-650

I suspect the RF coils as well. I changed the 6k7, with a new one and the stations I do get were louder and clearer. I had dismantled the sub chassis and replaced the caps, cleaned the wafer switches and rewarded some if the decayed wires a while back. After assembling it, it worked fine. Returned to it several weeks later and could not get lower stations. Thanks for the heads up. Will start on the list tomorrow

Finally got this radio playing but I don't receive the lower stations. Any suggestions?

See post #15.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I finally got this set working again. I bought a junk chassis and interchanged tuners. I have to warn any novices, such as myself, this chassis' tuner is very difficult to repair and consider for a starting project. This was not my first project but early on found it difficult to change caps inside the tuner. After taking it apart countless times, I now have a clear understanding of how to dismantle it and replace the caps. Heed Ron's warning on this chassis. I want to thank everyone for their help, especially Terry Aka RadioRoslyn.