Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Philco 90 Lowboy

I can't remember if I ever shared a picture of this unit or not. It came from the same place as my 70 Lowboy came from. I have a feeling the tube shield and knobs were robbed off this for a 90 Cathedral, so decided to use the tube shields off a very burnt up Majestic model 21. Power transformer is ok. Doesn't pick up any stations, but it gave me a nice hum from the speaker when I got close to full power on it. Hey, audio is audio. At least I know the heavy iron is ok. These are neat little lowboys and it seems Philco sold about as many of these as they did the cathedral. I just wonder how many of these have been sacrificed over the years to repair the cathedrals though? Icon_eh 

No matter where you go, there you are.

Jayce;
  Which model 90 chassis does your lowboy have? The early, middle, or late production one? The early had push--pull 45s, the middle had a single ended #47 but had AVC, and the late had push-pull 47s. The early model 90 is easy to spot, it has a local distance switch on the back apron.
Regards
Arran

This has the middle production chassis with a single ended 47. Would be really cool to find a unit with the push-pull 47s. They do pop up around here from time to time, but most seem to be the single 47 with the occasional unit with push-pull 45s.

No matter where you go, there you are.