Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fada NA

I saw this last Saturday at a shop that specializes in mid-century modern items and it was still there today. It was a bit out of the what the lady carries, and since we get along fine anyways, I managed to get this for $15. Seems to be in decent shape and finally adds a Fada to my collection. The only real issues it has is that I am unsure about the knobs and the one control (tone?) above the volume control turns really rough. I can't get to it from the back as it is enclosed in a metal box with one of the IF cap wires coming out of it. One plus is that the back is still on this radio. Icon_smile

No matter where you go, there you are.

What!

Ok thats bull...
 I want one, Icon_lol

Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

15 for a wood set that vintage that condition equals good deal, IMHO. Icon_smile

Paul 

Tubetalk1

Jayce;
  It appears that the control above the volume know is supposed to be there, at least from what I found in a photo of another example of this NA model. As for the style of the knobs the photo of the other example has knobs of a different style, but also wood, whether those are the correct knobs or the ones on your set are I don't know, it may have been a production change since FADA was basically a mid sized regional make.
Regards
Arran

I'd say that $15 for that Deco beauty is not just a good deal, it's a smokin deal!!!!!! If you decide it doesn't fit in with your collection, I know where it will......

It's good to know that I got a steal with this radio. It does look like there is nothing major wrong with this set. I pulled the chassis today and managed to get that one control clean and moving like it should and, other than the speaker being loose due to deteriorated rubber washers, didn't see any issues. I had seen some rubber coated wires on the top of the chassis and feared a rubber wire nightmare under the chassis. Luckily, that isn't the case. It is a bit cramped under there though and I see that some caps will have to be removed before even replacing the power cord. Still, I've seen way worse and it appears to be mostly unmolested under the chassis. Only mistake I made was not testing the tubes while the radio was apart. Hopefully I can get them out later.

Jayce, you should be arrested for stealing. What a great price on a nice radio. Post your restoration so we can all enjoy.
Best, Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Jayce,
Hoping your restoration will only be an internal one. The finish on the cabinet looks like it should clean up real well!
Steve

The finish is decent on the cabinet. There are issues with the black lacquer on the top. A small portion along the front edge is missing and there is what almost looks like a split going right down the middle of the top. I am wondering if there might be some fix to sort of blend those spots back in?

I am sorry to say that all radio projects will be going on hold until my work situation improves. I'll be keeping this one though, no worries there.