Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RCA Victrola V-210

Just noticed this now..

[Image: http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm38/...qvdu5u.jpg]

Looks like I will be replacing some wiring.. This is getting a little more involved now..

Skip...

Yea Skip, the rotted rubber wire always a pain. At least your chassis seems to be fairly open to work in. Good luck with the restoration.

Yup, I will take it one by one so as not to get confused. That with a diagram of the wiring and lots of pictures.. I should be OK..

Skip...

Ok, Replaced some wires that were rotted. Capacitor Replacement about 80% complete. Finding a lot of Resistors way out of spec.. Still do not know what to do with this Cap? Should I replace or leave as is??

[Image: http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm38/...vcghcg.jpg]

Skip...

I'd leave it.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ok, Will do.. Finished changing the caps an out of tolerance resistors.. have to install new line cord then power up..

Wish me luck..

Skip...

Well, Installed the power cord and brought up on variac slowly. Got to 110 Volts and radio started to play Draws about .5 amps.. at 120 Volts draw was .6 amps..

Picked up many stations on AM and some on SW including WWV at 10 Mhz. The volume control was scratchy.. I thought I cleaned it but guess I did not. Will have to do that in morning.. Then on to Alignment..

Skip...

Ok, Volume control cleaned.. Working great now. Alignment went with out a hitch..RX great on SW and Broadcast band..

I need to put back in cabinet to do the OSC alignment. Due to the Glass not coming out with radio.. No big deal.. Thanks next..

Wish I could fine someone to do the Cabinet..

So on to the next after I get the OSC and tracking done..

Probably my Philco 46-350 or 46-1203 next.. Not sure which one..

Skip...

OPs, I forgot that this radio has a Phonograph with it also.. So I guess I will take it out of the cabinet to see what I have..I know the arm is off hopefully not broken off.. I will take a look in morning..

Anyone have any info on it??

All I have is a schematic and a couple of pages not much if any on the phono.

Skip...

Well, Got sidetracked a little. The Band switch I ordered came in for my Hallicrafters S38-A. So I started to work on that next.. So the Phono will have to wait until I get done with the S38-A..

Skip...