Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

went to Canada and back today.

Greg

Yes 110 is said to be a good preamp with a tuner.
I was aiming for C22, so today I decided that we live but once and ordered new C22 from the local dealer. It is in fact a bit cheaper than I see them commemorative sold on eBay.

A bit of a dent.....financially, but heck, I was denying myself this since.... anyways, it should come soon, sine it is in Binghamton NY,pretty close.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

When I ordered the C22, 10 days after that the dealer called and said that instead of promised 7-10 days it would take 'till the end of November. I wined a bit and prepared to wait. Even called the factory to make sure it was the case, and they confirmed.
So imagine my amazement when yesterday the dealer called and said the preamp just came through the door.
Friday is my short day and the Red Bank is only 30 minutes away so I picked it up the same day.

Today hooked up as best I could.
Me and my son just finished listening to ZZTOP vinyl. "Los tres hombres".
Geez, you have to know what your pickup type is, moving magnet or coil.

Tomorrow my trusty rack Kenwood system goes to my son's room. He's excited. He knows how to operate it and it is a good sounding system.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Great! Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

...so...what type of pickup are you using? Actually, what brand and model?

I prefer Stanton cartridges; I use a 680EL in a Technics SL-D3 to transfer vinyl to digital. I also have a Stanton 500 cartridge; I had planned to put that into a Garrard changer I acquired from Joe (w4rtc), but I may mount it in a second headshell and use it with my Technics turntable for those times when I just want to listen to vinyl.

I have a Grado black cartridge but it needs a stylus; it came with the Technics. I may eventually shell out the buck$ and order a replacement stylus for it, and see if it is any better than the Stantons.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron

I have Stanton 720EE with D71EE stylus. I have it in the Technics SL-QD33 turntable I bought in The Wiz that was on McDonald Ave in Brooklyn NY. In 1992.
I almost got me a Thorens TD-124 last week but both sellers turned out flaky.... so I will be using to the Technics.

Here it is, after we moved my Kenwood today in David's room, and I, using all meager remainders of my might, moved the rack in place (the Mac 275 is about 90+ lbs......I compared by lifting my son...he is 80+ lbs...much easier, and then the rest of the stuff....whew!).

Attached Files Image(s)

And the Tape Deck. Nakamichi ZX-9.

Mike

Where is your Mac tuner???

That is a really neat rack! I've never seen one like that.

I would have loved to have had a cassette deck like that back in the day...

Great setup! Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron

The rack is something I had no idea about existing, I was simply looking for a stereo shelf as obviously the rack I have is not adequate, considering 90lbs load, so alluvasudden right in Morganville, 5 minutes from work, a guy is selling this, an Italian Bell'Oggetti stereo tower whose price (when it was selling, they no lobger sell it) was a few times more than $120 I paid for it. His mom was going to a senior nome, his dad whose rack it was, passed away so e time before so he was selling off the stuff to prep the house for sale.
I lucked out.

As for the tuner....this is simply not something I use. So it would be a waste of money for me. This equipment is for the listening room where I go alone, and the tuner in my world's model is to provide ambient music in living space. For the living space I don't care much about the quality, nor do I even listen to music there. There are kids, they are running, watching TV.....what music ? Icon_smile

So the only thing I truly need now is a CD player of a good quality. I was stupid enough to miss (that is I eventually made an attempt but it has sold before) a Philips CD880 that sold for (hold me, seven people) $200.

My CD went to my son as a part of the whole system. So I am hunting either this or a Marantz CD94MKII.
One is not too expensive. The other is.