Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 65 with Speaker Model F-10

I have a Philco Model 65 Radio with Model F-10 Speaker that I am working on for a friend. I have the radio re-caped & proper resistor values in place. It is working and sounds nice but the "Speaker Cord & plug-in" needs replacement. The cord is Brown Cloth Covered four (4) Conductor. I have been unable to find cloth covered 4 conductor wire for the speaker any where. I would like to replace the plug also. Does anyone have a source or suggestion? Icon_sad

Thanks

Hi Mike

I don't know what to tell you, really. I've read about people taking shoelaces and somehow stretching them out enough to insert wires into them to give them a cloth covering, but I don't know anything about this. Chuck?

Regarding the plug, you'll probably have to find one from a junker. Philco used this large plug on all their 1929 models, and they aren't that difficult to find, even if you have to buy a console speaker, or even a junk set, to get one.

Incidentally, your dad was great in "Bonanza." Just kidding! Icon_smile You probably get that a lot, eh?

Seriously, though, good luck with your project.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Mike

Speaking of speakers...here's a 1929 Philco console speaker, WITH the plug you need, now on evil-Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?Vie...6590801019

EDIT: I see the seller states the field coil is open and it has other problems...maybe you could get it just for the plug and cord?

Check it out...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

The speaker on e-bay has the plug that I need. Thanks. I'm still looking for 4 conductor brown cloth covered speaker wire. I found some "bugi-cord" that is almost brown and slipped the rubber out of it. It is not cotton but may work as a last resort as a cover for for the new wires? If I can find a bungi-cord that is closer in color to the brown speaker cord that may be the best I can do?

Thanks again,

Mike - I see you won that eBay speaker, congrats! Now let's hope for your sake the plug doesn't get damaged in shipping...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

The speaker from e-bay came. It has a good plug "but" the cord is only 2' long and the old one is about 6' long Icon_mad . That still leaves me with the cord problem.

Thanks for your help,