Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What Philco is This?

I will be tackling this magnificent Philco soon.  I acquired it at an estate sale a while back.  It is a true barn find.

There are no Model markings that I can see.  I know it will be easy to identify for the experts on the Philco Phorum.

What model is it?

Thanks!

Mark K8KZ

Well now that I look at it...80 rectifier, 42 push pull output....probably a 116B?

Mark

Is that button on the upper left some kind of add on? 

Good  luck with it.

Paul 

Tubetalk1

Looks like 116.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(10-14-2016, 03:07 PM)Paul Philco322 Wrote:  Is that button on the upper left some kind of add on? 

Good  luck with it.

Paul 

Yeah it definitely is Paul.  It is a little rotary switch connected to nothing.  I am going to try a save the cabinet.  I don't think it is a candidate for a refinish.  So I'll probably leave the switch in place.

Mark K8KZ

Nice. Not sure I want to see the under-chassis! I can imagine it's pretty crowded!

Blessings,
Jeff W.
Jonesboro, Arkansas

http://jeffsradios.weebly.com

God loves you as you are, not as you should be, because none of us are as we should be. - Brennan Manning

(10-14-2016, 05:23 PM)PhilcoPhan1936 Wrote:  Nice. Not sure I want to see the under-chassis! I can imagine it's pretty crowded!

Not sure if I remember.  Did you restore a 116 Jeff?

I snap some pictures when I get it apart.  Probably will be a while though.

Mark 

(10-14-2016, 09:57 PM)markmokris Wrote:  
(10-14-2016, 05:23 PM)PhilcoPhan1936 Wrote:  Nice. Not sure I want to see the under-chassis! I can imagine it's pretty crowded!

Not sure if I remember.  Did you restore a 116 Jeff?

I snap some pictures when I get it apart.  Probably will be a while though.

Mark 

Nope, I have never laid eyes on one, unfortunately. I can imagine being a 11 tube model that there's a lot going on under that chassis though!

Blessings,
Jeff W.
Jonesboro, Arkansas

http://jeffsradios.weebly.com

God loves you as you are, not as you should be, because none of us are as we should be. - Brennan Manning

(10-14-2016, 03:01 PM)markmokris Wrote:  Well now that I look at it...80 rectifier, 42 push pull output....probably a 116B?

Bingo.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

(10-14-2016, 04:30 PM)markmokris Wrote:  
(10-14-2016, 03:07 PM)Paul Philco322 Wrote:  Is that button on the upper left some kind of add on? 

Good  luck with it.

Paul 

Yeah it definitely is Paul.  It is a little rotary switch connected to nothing.  I am going to try a save the cabinet.  I don't think it is a candidate for a refinish.  So I'll probably leave the switch in place.

Mark K8KZ

There isn't realy any original finish to save, the dark walnut shaded lacquer on the top and sides is gone, and the lacquer on the front panel is sun baked on top of having that useless switch, you might as well strip it and start again.
Regards
Arran