Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1933 zenith console cabinet restore.

I think I out did myself on this one, I added some of my own touches that didn't come from factory, this is what I call eye candy for the antique radio lover. Before and after pictures tells it all.

Attached Files Image(s)

few more

Attached Files Image(s)

Just beautiful Fred. Icon_thumbup 
How does it sound with the two speakers?

Sounds very good, 12 tube set. Electrical has been done also.

Beautiful, Fred!

I can't really say I like the grill cloth, but I do like the way you aligned it with the features of the wooden grill. Very nicely done. Is the cloth a legit loose-weave grill cloth, or is it some other type of cloth?

The grill cloth is not loose weave, your the second person that didn't care for the cloth design. That prompts me to consider changing the cloth out to something else. I will check RD and Richmond Designs for something that will be more suitable, some of Richmond's cloth is very nice and a few others I don't care for. I do like to here from folks for there opinions. All in all I think the zenith is a keeper for a while until it is sold and rotated out of my collection. Thanks for your honest opinion.

Great job.

Ditto on the cloth - too speckled, not Zenith style.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

If you can't get the original (looking) cloth, I would say that looks fine.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

I agree with ,others on the grill cloth. Although I try to put something on that is as close as possible to the original,
or at least period style.. I would change the grill cloth, if it were mine.
Dan in Calgary

Living in Calgary Alberta

FRED,,wye you live soo,,Far away,,,,,Beautiful Workmanship