Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

39-70 Panel Issue

Hey everyone. Ok, so I bought a Philco 39-70 radio to redo for my husband for Christmas. I am currently in the process of stripping it down to bare bones and have already hit a snag. Ugh

Is there a trick to removing the panel? I have removed all visible screws and it wiggles but will not come out! Cloth and tuner cover already removed.

Would love any advice, tips ... whatever. LOL.

THANKS

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Are you working on the 39-70B that looks like the one in the photo on this link? or the console model that is just below it?

Just to be clear...this is a battery operated model not one you plug into the wall.

Not sure which panel you are having trouble with. Chassis usually (I've not worked on a 39-70) comes out by pulling off the knobs, unscrewing the bolts or screws from underneath the cabinet and sliding the chassis out. There is usually enough wire to allow the speaker to remain in the cabinet while you do this. Then you can undo the nuts holding the speaker to the cabinet and pull it out. then the grill cloth board (often cardboard) and grill cloth are sometimes tacked, stapled or screwed to the cabinet. You've probably already done all this if you have the cloth out.

A picture of the remaining panel would be helpful unless someone else can answer ... here's how to post a pic. http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=29

Keep posting your questions to this thread, folks will be happy to help.