Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hickok 600A tube tester

Ok, Just did not look right.. But I am in process of cleaning all Pots and checking all resistors..

The good news is the Meter is good.. I will find out why it is not responding..

Skip...

Ok   After cleaning pots, Checking Resistors  All were in spec..  Except the ones listed that I have no clue what they should be.. The Line adjust now works..Went on to checking Voltages.. Some are off But not to far..The filament voltage are close with in the 10% .. But on the high side..

The Others  not to bad.

I am using a Fluke 77 Meter with a Resistor to bring the input to the right OHMS/Volt..

The Plate supply voltage is high by 7 volts  150 +/- 5  I read 162
The screen supply voltage  high by 10 volts  130 +/- 5  I read 140  
the bias control voltage off by 3 volts  -39 +/- 1   I read -43

So its working But needs to be calibrated to get voltage in spec.. 

Only other complaint is the meter sticks when on upper part of scale.. Have to tap it for it to go back down

I do not have a isolation Transformer so I did not do the Mutual Conductance reading test..

Skip..

Why do you need the isolation transformer for that?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thats what the Calibration instructions say..

[Image: http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm38/...yfkbzm.jpg]

Skip...

Skip, I also have a 600a, which is my go-to tester for now, smaller, handy and quick set up. It is a good tester. Just a note - the meter on mine is sticky too. I found that if I elevate the back, usually sit it up leaning on the handle, that it works fine. Yours may respond the same.  I really don't want to spend the $200 + to buy a new meter either.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Tim, Ok thanks I will give it a try..

PS Did you go thru the Alignment Procedure? Or try to Calibrate it?

Skip...

I believe I did "check" the calibration, but I didn't change anything. It was pretty close. I don't recall for sure the details. One of these days I may get brave and try to clean the air gap in my meter, but it does work, so I am gonna leave it that way for now. Mine had diodes soldered in place to replace the 83. I was concerned, but ended up leaving it alone.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44