Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zenith 6D510

Man oh man this $5.00 buy has turned into a heck of a project..

I bought this at K-town and started working on it 3 days ago.
First thing I found was all speaker wires cut, next was half the sires to the 1st IF were cut and the can was bent to heck. Then all the rubber wiring was bare already, The ECAP was broken off and wires cut, It was full of poop and dead stink bugs, Next I had an open 1st if even after reattaching the wires. When I fixed the 1st if 40Ga wire the radio would still not play. I spent 3.5 hours on the phone with Terry and he was very patient with me, Icon_lol
I yesterday just for giggles, took apart the 2nd IF and half was open.. I reattached the tiny stranded wire and checked the alignment. I could not get signal at 455 so I spent an hour adjusting the IF cans until I got a signal. Mike and I were going over it and finally got stations. 

I had taken my night pill so I really dont remember the final conversation, :Icon_lol Icon_lol 
I think Mike hung up on me?  Icon_silent

So now I am going to secure the busted up IF can and do a final alignment outside where there is no interference...

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

More pics

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

She lives!!!!
Aligned perfectly to the dial numbers...

Thanks to Mike and Terry

Icon_smile

As of 1/01/2021

Those are Ok sets, like the handle reminds me of a comb type material.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Boy oh boy ur table looks like a real shop now with the signal generator!!!!!

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

That's the one I paid 5 bucks in Kutztown's auction, Terry, remember, you were there wgen I bought it.

I pretty much reconditioned (reformed) the electrolytic cap, that was it. I have another one.

Kirk,

Now I understand why you were talking like a zombie Icon_lol

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Look at all those alligator clip leads Icon_lol
The difference between up is that I clean the space each time I use it Terry Icon_smile

The sig gen is very helpful but I need a ... Geeze, I cant remember what it is called.....
Ack! My memory stinks...

As of 1/01/2021

The frequency counter?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.