Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zenith 10-H-571 "Spinet"

I acquired this one about three years ago. Went to Massachusetts to pick it up.
Now it's number is up, I decided to give it the resto session.

It is in good shape, fairly clean. The grillcloth is missing but the cone is near mint. And I had ordered the herringbone Kenny recommended. From Kenny. Icon_smile

The chassis is on my bench now.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

come on mike that's the cleanest work area I have ever seen Icon_lol
and it`s about time you get to that

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

I have just vacuumed it after the mess Kirk has left here Icon_smile

One more feature: it has the old FM band. Not sure what to do with it. It's useless today. Building the converter is not my plan.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I have one of those Mike. I've Been walking by it for the last year. Look forward to your restoration and what you encounter.

Mike

One thing I noticed, the external wiring uses the infamous rubber coated wire and it is ... molting Icon_smile
Other than that, console Zeniths, as most large chassis single-storeyed jobs, don't present many inconveniences while working on them. I hope the transformer is good, as other things are fairly simple. I had to rewind an RF choke on the 9S262 I did 4 years back, it wasn't too bad.

Those are pretty nice looking, some say too much with the spindles and cut out on front but I like em..

Good luck. 

Paul

Tubetalk1

Matter of taste, Paul, matter of taste. I like it. Else I wouldn't go all the way yo Plymouth Mass to get it.

The Zenith Spinet is one radio I would gladly still welcome into my collection if I could find one. I found a few four years back, but people here think they are worth a fortune. Now with the stupid maker's movement, I fear these neat radios might be prime targets for wine rack or i-pod dock conversion. Icon_sad

No matter where you go, there you are.

There's one in OH right now for $695. Crazy price, bought mine for 200.

But it has the offer option and it's been there awhile and it won't sell any time soon at this price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1941-VINTAGE-Zen...SwImRYcZjg

And another one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Zenith-C...SwtpZYSYNH

Wow, they are both high and I really don't have much money to play with since spending $180 on tires for the van yesterday. Also, no paypal.. Akron isn't far from me, but I have never heard of Sylvania, Ohio. Now I have to look that up!

No matter where you go, there you are.

Overseas? Icon_smile They make good swords over there.

Here's a question. Riders does not have the sch. The sch has external b!ocks and some pieces but no full sch or chassis drawing.
There is 10H571R but I am not sure it is the same, plus the chassis is different.

Does anyone have the docs for this one or a link I could follow?

did you Google it,,,because it comes up in Antigue radio forum ,,, article ---schematic

Antique electronic supply has it ,,,copy the display,,,,found under google,,,CHEERS

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...o24673.pdf HOPE that HELPS---FULL SET -----CHEERS