46-1226 code 125 restoratioin *DONE

humm,, you dont have one of them on your chassis

Attached Files Image(s)

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/an...ube-radios

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ah...ok.  It looks like I have two of them on the underside.

Rich

DO you KNOW,,,,IF they are open,,,best left alone

ken
I have not measured it.

Rich
i do know that the end of the wire is tinned, and perhaps that means nothing.
when i found it , i had to assume it was terminated somewere.

here is a couple pics showing the wire end.

When you reply, notice there is another button to hit for doing a reply.  "new Reply"  , Its a full black button with white lettering.
hitting that button will not grab a quote from someone else.  I made that mistake early into my joining.

Attached Files Image(s)

My reply is working as expected now.  I wonder if it's because the last time I posted I did a "Quick Reply" and it cleared out a cache or something.  Prior to that it didn't matter if I did a "New Reply" or a "Reply", it always included Radioroslyn's post.  Oh well, seems to be cleared up now.

In the picture I posted earlier I said I had 2 on the underside of my tuner chassis.  It turns out I have 3...there is a third one stacked under the one on the left in the photo I posted.  Your's looks similar to the one on the right in my photo.  I'll take a close look at it when I go downstairs to work on it later today and see if I can find a wire like that.

Rich

(04-19-2017, 07:54 AM)criageek Wrote:  My reply is working as expected now.

No, it isn't. You are still free-form quoting everything above your last post. Either use the Quick Reply box under the last post in a thread, or else delete all of the quoted text that shows up when you click the Reply button.

(I deleted the unnecessary free-form quote in your most recent post...I've been doing that a lot lately with people's posts) Icon_confused

P.S. Using Quick Reply does not clear your browser's cache. Only you can do that; clearing your browser's cache has nothing to do with posting to the Phorum.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron - I thought I had done that previously and did not see any previously quoted text, but apparently I missed it. When I said perhaps it cleared the cache, I was wondering if the Phorum did some sort of caching...I know how a browser's cache works. What can I do to prevent this? Is it a bug in the Phorum software? This reply is using Quick Reply.

Rich

Edit: My previous post here is no longer relevant, so I have deleted it. I have since modified the MyBB software the Phorum runs on, so there should be no more automatic full quotes in replies to Phorum posts.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks for your detailed response Ron.  I appreciate it, but I already knew all of that.  My problem was that I was getting quotes from the previous post, PLUS a quote from a post way earlier in the thread from Radioroslyn.  And it didn't matter if I clicked Reply, or New Reply.

For instance, in post #45, I should have only quoted jcassity's post #43 which is what I was replying to.  But for some reason it also pulled in Radioroslyn's post #24 from way earlier in the thread.

I don't think it's something I'm doing wrong...I'm pretty experienced at using forums.  But if so I'd like to know what it is  Icon_smile

Rich

started picking on my transformer today, i was able to verify all the wiring.
I believe its confirmed i have a replacement xfrmr, no name plate data , no pn no sn , no Philco stamping ,, nothing.
my transformer secondary looks like this...
qty1) 800v secondary with center tap (400v/400v)
qty1) 5.7v secondary
qty1) 7.2v secondary with center tap (3.6v/3.6v)
I temp powered up and color coded my wiring.
My older complaint of having a transormer conductor spared back is correct, this would be the center tap on teh 7.2v section and its not going to be needed, i actually painted that wire insulation brown then put on clear heat shrink.  I didnt have any brown heat shrink.

the transformer seems to be wroking just fine.

Attached Files Image(s)

here are the progress pics.
now mounting the xfmr with clean surfaces.

ive noticed i have zero continuity from any wire to the chassis of the xfrmr.
i expected to at least have one lead have coninuity to the case... oh well.

there is a thin brass 1/4'' wide flap that dongles off the windings and sandwiches between the xfrmr covers,, i cleaned that off and added a layer of solder to it.  it was gooy with greenish looking deposits.

color coding to match my prints complete.
this part gives me hope that the radio has a chance of living longer.

Attached Files Image(s)

i want to confirm something.
on the far right hand side,, there is a power supply UPDATE.
THere is a resistor named R102.

Is Philco trying to say to connect R102 to pin8 of my rectifier tube?
The update does not lable the tube pins

pins 4 and 6 are my high voltage 384/384v (measured) (yellow)
pins 2 & 8 are tied to my transformer single winding 5.7v (measured) (blue)

Attached Files Image(s)

What rectifier tube is it? Doesn't seem to be 5Y3.

They add the 300 Ohm between whatever the pin is that is the output of the rect tube and the first cap's positive, allowing to reduce the cap's capacitance (and size).

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

the 300ohm Reisistor is an update to use a PM speaker.

yes the rectifier tube is a 5y3