Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

46-1226 code 125 restoratioin *DONE

now that i have pri /sec sorted,, lol, my secondary seems to be shorted,, less than an ohm.

Secondary should read less than an ohm. 

It is shown on the schematic as 0.1 ohm, but depending on the resistance of your test leads may read a few tenths higher.

It sounds like you may have things figured out, but in case it helps...the wiring looks very much like my output transformer.  Here's how I marked up my schematic.

Rich

To compare the resistances between the original and replacement will tell you very little. What is important is the impedance. The two 6K6's = about a 14000 ohm load impedance (primary) The secondary needs to match the impedance of the spkr which most of the time is 3-8ohms.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

my schematic i posted says the secondary needs to be 7 ohms.... i measured less than one ohm

Riders sez .4 ohm. Moot point anyway as the primary is bad.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

No it says .7 ohms.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

i thought it was point 7 as well, i compared the other "dots" used as a period in other areas of the prints and each dot is dark and a larger size.

with that i mind, i concluded it was a straggler ink smudge from either the photo copier or whatever. its font size isnt the same as other dots,, but,,, now i will call it .7ohms,,

gutted out my secondary winding of my audio output transformer to get access to the primary blue wire terminal. , found the main wire to the thin hair broke and some corrosion.  Was glad to see that and made a repair.
No change in resistivity from org to blue so theres another break somewhere.  My meter isnt showing a steady reading,, its slowly increasing like before.  as said,, bad primary.

up on post 72, there is a pic of my audio output transformer

the pn is 32-8274

primary with center tap
blue to org supposed to be 238 ohms at 225v
white to org supposed to be 262 ohms at 238v

secondary , one bonded to xfrmer chasiss and one which is called out to be green is to be .7ohms.

back on 11-29-2014, 10:58 PM, Morzh posted a reply to someone about the audio transformer pn i have.
see below in bold........

I am not thinking the 9000 secondary impedance is correct, just checking / asking...

sorry to be redundunt ,, just want to find something that is a direct replacement.
check play things of the past and he has several "like" mine but not seeing anything with resistances like i have.

play things of the past has a boat load of transformers,, hard picking though.

?>>>>>>>>>>>>
<P>Philco output transformer 32-8274: Primary impedance: 9000, Secondary impedance: 3.5. Power is not listed for this transformer, but similar physical sized ones are rated at 15 watts

(from the other forum archives)

Which tells me 125 seies PP transformer (higher wattage model) will do.

125E.

Connect Voice coil to 2 and 4.

http://www.radiodaze.com/category/570.aspx

Is the below still true?

got my audio output transformer on order... seems like the one from AES is a tad smaller in profile,, perhaps a good thing,, we'll see....

now i will power up my unit minus the rectififier tube and see what all lights up,, hopefully all the smoke stays in.

Good luck jcassity!  I have my fingers crossed for you!

Rich

thank you Rich,,

couple progress pics

Man was that tuner knob section about as fun as watching paint dry.

as i said, waiting on my audio transformer. 
I plugged in all my tubes to see who lights up and how much smoke i could make.  I made no smoke, i did get both lamps to come on, my v7 > v1 tubes to light up.

I did what i was told i shouldnt do but couldn't help myself, i quickly seated and unseated the rectifier tube.  It lights up as well.

I powered down and then added No-Ox-id to my tube pins to make them smoother to remove and replace.. a tiny amount in a small container will last you years.
i am the reason they added the word "conductive" to thier product description... i had several reasons.

can be had here from the patent owners
http://www.sanchem.com/electrical-contac...icant.html

so ..
to my question....
What can i take away from this task i performed per instructions from Terry?
Are the odds significatly great that when i get my audio transformer that the radio will be ready for service?
also, when i rotate the tuner knob,, i seem to hear scrapping,, arent they supposed to be quiet? .. i cant see any bent metal fins.

some pics...

Attached Files Image(s)

Maybe the Dial Needle,,,,,on the solid backing,,,rubbing,????

face plate is off no needle installed.

i got my new audio transfomer and installed / prep'd it in place.
powered up and i am smoking R306.  first go i assumed i put in a 100ohm but the heat discolored the resistor and i was right, with a 1k resistor installed, i am letting the majic smoke out.
the only things in common i see are the two red leads for separate IF's.
thoughts??
was ready to hear tunes coming out,,

Attached Files Image(s)