Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Webster Chicago 56-13 Changer Template

I have a Webster Chicago (Webcor) model 56-13 that came with a cabinet that originally contained an E H Scott Metropolitan 16A. This changer is in the changer compartment, but the drop-in mounting board does not match this changer. I would like to get a mounting template of the mounting board for the Webster Chicago 56-13 so I can cut one that will actually fit this changer. The spring mounting wells do not line up with the springs on this changer and I also believe the projection of parts around the tone arm are going to strike some of the wood on the existing mounting board.

Even a picture of the correct mounting board would help. I could trace out the positions of the spring mount centers on a piece of cardboard and sketch in the general outline of the usual cut-out for the model 56.

Thanks in advance.

This particular changer actually came from a GE radio and has the GE VR cartridge and stylus in it.

Joe

Hmmm,
I cant help but I will ask on my record player group...

Icon_smile

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

(04-12-2017, 06:07 AM)OldRestorer Wrote:  Hmmm,
I cant help but I will ask on my record player group...

Icon_smile

OldRestorer;

Thanks for any information you can find! These older units are difficult to find information about mounting arrangements. It is easy enough to find Rider's data on servicing them, but not anything on mounting of the units.

Joe