Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Arvin 182TFM Sw?

Have an Arvin 182TFM and I'm putting a polarized plug normally I put the hot side to the switch but this is different how should I wire it?
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...012465.pdf

TKS Eric

If the GND symbol is the real chassis, I'd use Neutral for the switch.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Yes the other side of the switch goes directly to the chassie so I will put the Neutral there.

I have replaced the Selenium Rectifier with a Diode and dropping resistor 224ohms 5w and at 120vac in it drops 12.8vdc across it.
Across the filter caps I get
 C28A 95vdc
 C28B 90vdc
 C28C 82vdc
This seems low to me should I drop the value of the dropping resistor? Nowhere in the prints can I find any value of what it should be.
Thanks 
Eric

220 ohms seems pretty high for the series dropping resistor. I would try 25 to 50 ohms and see how the DC across the filters responds. 

You really can't go by the DC drop across the resistor because you are measuring the average DC of a rectified sine wave. The peak voltage drop is what is important, as the first filter cap charges to the peak of the AC cycle and determines the resulting DC output. 

Just choose the resistance value that gives the proper output voltage at the filter caps, or at other locations shown on the schematic

Changed the dropping resistor to 50 ohms theses are the new voltages.

New V
C28A 95vdc 121 vdc
C28B 90vdc 113 vdc
C28C 82vdc 103 vdc
Now for more trouble shooting.