Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 43

I have a model 43 with a missing grid coil on the grid of the # 36 tube. Part # is 05190. This may be the only model that used this coil.
Does anyone have this radio who could measure the DC resistance & inductance so I can find a replacement?

Thanks
John

There's no 36 tube in 43.
This said, DC resistance is not important.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...029628.pdf

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

John

It's always a good idea to reference the reference designator on the sch when talkng about a part.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hi John,
If you find no bites on your request and you don't mind doing a little experimenting try this. From the diagram it looks like the missing coil is used to couple some of the oscillator signal up to the ant circuit. It's untuned so I'm thinking that the inductances aren't very critical. I would wind a coil that mimics the primary of the oscillator coil #10. Might be a start as the set won't do anything w/o the center winding on the missing coil as it the ground return for the mixer cathode.

GL

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry