Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

41-230 output transformer

After that nightmare Airline movie dial chassis,  thought I'd tackle something a bit less messed up. Working on a 41-230 with a bad audio output transformer. Can anyone recommend a suitable new manufacture replacement that can be ordered online (like from Radio Daze or AES)?

Here's the schematic. It's #42.

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...013398.pdf

Thanks!

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Hey buddy you got to work on that addiction!!!!!
Well you need about 10K for the plate load so I found this which is 25K at 8 ohms on the secondary. So with the assumption that your spkr is 4 or less ohms that will put us in the ballpark. Did see a few others but they were 2 or 3 times the price.
https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/tr...12-w-8-ohm

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ha! I actually had this one out of the cabinet before I got the movie dial set. When I found that one, this little Philco got pushed off to the side.

This is real tiny little transformer. The body is only about 1" wide, so not a lot of room under the chassis. I'm seeing 700 ohms on the schematic. I certainly trust your judgement but before I order one I just wanted to confirm that the 25K you suggested will work?

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

We are speaking two different languages one DC resistance (on the schematic) and AC impedance (the 25K).

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ah! That makes more sense Icon_lol

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org