Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Milton Hershey was a Philco ownner

Something I thought was interesting:

I have been at the Hershey lodge for a meeting the last two days. In the hotel they have the Hershey channel and the history of Hershey is told like a Ken Burns documentary.

One of the pics of Milton is of him in his office. Just to the left of him is a 38-690 in the background.  We have something in common!

Steve

I will have to google Milton. I met my wife at UCLA and she was staying in a woman's "dorm". A classic older building on campus and known as Milton Hershey Hall.

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

He was a philanthropic individual and established a school for orphans which is now dedicated to at risk children.  

It's near the property where the chocolate factory is.  I was surprised to see the radio so prominently in the photo.

Would be interested to look at the photo: it is certainly not on the web, or not easily found by search.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Someone may have a better pic but I think the photo on this page (scroll down a bit) is the one :
http://blog.hersheyarchives.org/2014/11/...uest-show/

Well....this is not at all a 38-690. It is a 37-116.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Right. 37-116X De Luxe to be exact.

Now, there was a man who could have easily afforded a Scott or McMurdo Silver...yet he chose Philco. Interesting.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

(05-25-2017, 04:24 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  Right. 37-116X De Luxe to be exact.

Now, there was a man who could have easily afforded a Scott or McMurdo Silver...yet he chose Philco. Interesting.

And not even the top model of the year. Though 37-116 is a great radio and sound incredible, and band-wise it is the same as the 690.

Could be Steve saw a different picture that had a 38-690, the one I linked to was simply one I found on the net. He was certainly rich enough to have several radios...

That's the picture I saw. The photo on TV was grainy and for a few seconds.  It's definitely a 37-116.  Good call.  He still seems to like Philco's like us!

Steve

He's a Pennsylvania man! Buy local, support your economy Icon_smile