Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

statons on SW showing up in another spot

I am not sure where this posted, putting here and can be moved if needed.

I notice while on SW that i hear , lets say radio show x is on 13mc and as i roll down the scale the same show or song or whatever is showing up again on another freq.

I have not shipped out my hallicrafters or philco for professional alignment yet but wondered, is this an alignment issue or is it that some or many stations do infact show up across the dial scale more than once being they may be broadcasting on many freq's.
????

Could be either or both. If you have been fooling with the adjustment trimmers w/o using a signal generator or don't know what you are doing you could get it badly out of alignment causing images.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

These stations also simulcast on many frequencies....

Good luck with the project and all of us here are expecting a full report when you're finished.

the full report i suppose is here,,,
http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=16397

I am going to see if station x shows up on station y and z as an example on other radios ,,, just to do a stare and compare.

As terry mentioned, i did not do a professional process alignment.
I followed the directions but used "known" locations / freq's of high / mid and low stations to adjust my BC in.

the topic here is for SW , my BC is really dead on perfect by using the way i did it. on BC i got 550, 710, 960, 1200, 1400 and within a 1/16'' of an inch on 1700.

on SW, there is only one adjustment for stations, then there is an antenna adjustment.
Being new , this really confuses me which is probably simple to everyone else.

i cant see how i can "shade tree mech" align shortwave.

on my hallicrafters it was really easy to do it shade tree way.

i still want to send these two plus my newly aquired two sets off to DLabs.. just gotta coordinate it.