Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 39-7 Chassis rubber stamp

I have a philco 39-7 radio with two purple rubber stamp on the chassis that is are a little faded. I was wondering if anyone has experience in restoring those rubber stamp so they look original. Thanks.

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Actually those look pretty good to me. If it were my set I'd probably just leave them alone unless you lose them in the process of cleaning the chassis.

I had a 39-25 that was very rusty so I did lose my rubber stamped image. The process I used is described in this THREAD. It was just OK, there may be better solutions out there.

I was about to say the same. Would not touch it. Looks good enough.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thanks guys. I guess the next question that comes to mind is how to protect these stamps while cleaning the chassis? Sorry I am just too new at this and I need to learn some before I go and start cleaning this chassis. Thanks again.

I do not think there is any way to protect them. when I clean chassis I use GoJo (without the pumice) but that will take the rubber stamp off, so for the area of the stamp I just lightly use a damp cloth and get as much of the grime off as I can without take too much of the stamp off.

Thanks for all your advice. I'll really appreciate.

I don't think it needs protection. Just think of it, it survived this long. Just don't clean it with anything aggressive. It'll be fine.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.