Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just brought home a rare bird! Model 23X

Just brought home this beautiful and rare 1932 Philco 23X radio/phono console. What an impressive, imposing radio it is.
Found it on Craigslist for $60, and had to leave it the first time as it was too heavy to bring up the seller's stairs on my own. Went back today, took it mostly apart and was able to get it up that way. Overall the cabinet is in excellent condition, with veneer chips at the bottom which I'll have to address. I don't know anything about early horseshoe style magnetic pickups, so I'll have a friend restore/rewind it for me. Hopefully the motor's good. The chassis is very clean and untouched. It's even got the original brass electrolytic cans; very cool. The grill cloth is shot and will need replacement. Anyone know where  I can find correct or mostly correct cloth for early 30s vintage Philcos? I've ordered a full set of paperwork from PhilcoRepairBench; cant' wait to get to it!

Ted

Attached Files Image(s)

*Very nice*!

Congratulations on a great phind. Icon_clap Icon_clap

That's a really nice one. Icon_thumbup Well worth the trouble of dealing with steps.

Yes, a beatiful cabinet. Chassis should be easy - looks like one from the 70.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.