Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tenma RF Signal Generator

I recently purchased a new TENMA RF GENERATOR model 72-585. I found that this instrument is identical to the Leader LSG-16 and the B&K 2005B. It uses transistors. I read an article, on this site about adding a digital readout module, which is available on E-Bay for under $10.00. From what I read, on this site, the people who purchased this module and are using it on their generators are satisfied.

I purchased my generator at a considerable discount because the dial pointer which is mounted on the frequency determining capacitor shaft was loose. The instrument was guaranteed to work. When I opened it I discovered that the problem was the pointer set screw was loose. Easy fix.

However I had no way of determining if the generator frequency was correct. I did beat it against a good working transistor AM/FM table radio. However I would like to add, externally one of the modules that is being sold on E-Bay. Everything I read says it should be attached ahead of the signal attenuator. This instrument is very simple and has a switch that sets the output at either high or low, by placing a pair of resistors in parallel with the output and it has a RF fine control pot ahead of that switch. I found a schematic, online for the Leader LSG-16 and the circuitry is identical to my Tenma. The Tenma looks identical it and the specs are identical to the B&K 2005B.

Would anyone know the proper point to connect the frequency counter module to? I will mount it in a small external housing and wire up a small power supply. I apologize, but I was not able to add the schematic to this request.

Thanks guys.

Here is the actual output of the signal generator that I have and wish to attach the E-Bay frequency indicator to. I hope this helps whomever reads my previous post. Thanks

I merged the two threads to keep the topic together.