Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-650 and 70 chassis washers

Can anyone recommend a vendor for the chassis washers of these two Philcos models, whom will not charge $4.00 a washer.

Yep. Lowes or Home Depot. You could buy their grommets and trim them. If this is what you want to do.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Trying to finish this 37-650 and after several weeks of not working on it, I am not receiving any stations lower than 710 AM. Tried to start alignment and found AC signal just above 200 volts A/C. Procedure indicates meter should be in the 30 volt range. I have the positive on the plate of one of the audio amp tubes and negative on cathode. Any suggestions as to could be the problem. I don't get ay meter swing when adjusting comparators neither. Thanks

I am not sure how you could get 200V AC across the output tuve, but myself, I always clip my meter to the output xfmr secondary (or speaker's voice coil) and measure volts.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.