Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PHILCO 23X meuble 1938

and in German, the word is Möbel.

There is a small manufacturer of bedroom furniture right here in Ferdinand. The name of the company - Möbel.

Now it makes sense to me. I had thought nothing of it before now.

(Ferdinand and Jasper are populated mostly by people of German descent)

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Yes, and it all comes from the Latin "mobile" that means, well, "mobile", in the sense that the furnishings were movable and could be re-positioned around the dwelling.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I'm looking forward to Claude's report on his new radio

Greg

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

Hello , dear Sirs

and thanks a lot for your very sympatical replies

Well , In have collected the console yesterday afternoon , and to day I unloaded it directly at the cabinet maker workshop to begin to restick some veneer parts   a lot of them appeared unsticked I had not seen at first glance .... In fact the console has been kept in a very humid room for many years .

So I began remouving all the accessories from the console : chassis , loud speakers , little doors , opening top and hinges , and so one  . and began to restick the veneer !

I 'll keep you inform of the following of this rescue .

for to day , you can see hereafter some photos

Welll , it' s now 1.18 past midnight in Normandy , so I ' ll go to bed

See you soon Sirs

cordially

Claude

Attached Files Image(s)

some photos of the chassis

Attached Files Image(s)

Ahh like it very much 
Chassis little rusty but not touched  great find  Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_thumbup

Sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Hey - that's a 71 (seven tube) chassis! Icon_eek

Well, it is an export model...Claude, can you please post a picture of the back of the chassis?

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Yep, I was about to say the same. And the speakers also for 71: 23 has two different size ones, a large an a smaller one.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(06-27-2017, 08:49 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  fyi, folks - meuble = console, furniture

Yes, thanks for that, Ron.  I was just 'reading through it,' assuming understanding would come.  And I even know some German. Icon_redface

Very nice find, Claude!  Congratulations!
Smile 

hello Ron , Morzh , Sam , and all fellows participating to read and help me   Icon_wave  

I hope everybody had a good night ... , a little bit short for me !  Icon_angel

So , hereafter are new informations and photos

The set of lamps is following one :

36E( Philco ), 44E ( Philco ), 36  ( Philco ) , 56 ( Crampion ), 39 ( JRC ) , 42 ( Tung - Sol ), 80 ( Philco )

The dial has two scale graduations, one for LW ( 15 to 30 ) and second for MW ( 55 to 150 ),  x 10 kHZ ranges I guess .

back chasssi panel have three cords  :

- one for " in " mains of the chassis ,

- one for " out " mains to the turntable

- one with 4 wires , I suppose to the pick up . but why four wires ???

- the socket four connections is to the associated outpout transformer located near the loud speakers

If it was possible to get the schematic of this export model   ??? i' ll appreciate a lot

Attached Files Image(s)

Hmmm. Clearly an export version of model 71, modified to add long wave. Which means it is not really model 71, but carries a different model number owing to the added long wave capability.

Thank you, Claude, for the pictures of the back of the chassis. I was hoping it would have a tag stating chassis type. Clearly it does not.

Some research is in order...it might be covered in the UK service data DVD I have at home...i will look...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...013837.pdf

The tubes positioning seems to be the same. Claude, if you would, please check the tubes and see if they are the same as in the Tube sockets diagram on the page 2.
If the same, with exception of engaging the LW band, the sch might be the same or very close, good enough for troubleshooting. Also could be a different code #.

The chassis seems to be missing the 3-tubes' shield. Could be ordered from Chuck Paci.

This below is a 71 underbelly from Russ' website.

http://www.russoldradios.com/blog/philco-71-as-is

Hello Morzh

Thanks a lot for infos Icon_biggrin

Really , the location of the tubes is the same as shown in your documentation , but not the references of some of them Icon_sad

You can find hereafter on drawing I made , my reading on the chasssis  , view from up side .

- FI means IF transformer

- CV are the variable capacitors

- CH are the chimical capacitors I suppose

TA is the mains transformer

Attached Files Image(s)

>>
- FI means IF transformer

- CV are the variable capacitors

Oh yeah, Romance languages love adjectives after nouns. Condensateur Variable. Icon_smile

>>- CH are the chimical capacitors I suppose

Well, we call them electrolytic capacitors (we, English speaking folks, shorten it for "caps". Or even "Lytics").

Now. The 56 tube seems to be out of place. It is a 2.5Vf tube, whereas the rest are 6.3Vf tubes. I doubt they have a separate 2.5V winding just for it. Are you sure about the 56?

This is from Ron, post from 2013:

>>>>All 71 sets have the following tube lineup:

39/44 - RF amp
36 - Det-Osc
39/44 - IF amp
37 (connected as a diode) - 2nd Det.
39/44 - Audio Amp
42 - Audio Out
80 - Rectifier

-------

Considering that mysterious 56 tube the whole line-up has to be inspected. See if that 56 tube has separate filament wires (heater). If not (and I think it does not) then the tube is out of place and the rest also has to be questioned.

23X has a different lineup plus a push-pull output.

PS. I just looked at your photo of the under-chasssis, no, it does not have separate filament wires, all three tubes under the common shield on the right have the two wires going in parallel to them. So 56 tube, I think, was put there by mistake. Or....you read the number incorrectly.