Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 20 base toner color

I'm looking for suggestions for the appropriate Mohawk toner lacquer color for the base of a Philco model 20. Also wondering about the correct cabinet tone, should I decide to venture that far,

Thanks,

Mike

I'm interested in this too. Sooo, following

- Eric

Philco 20A
Zenith T825

There seems to have been quite a bit of variation in the finish of the Philco 20 cabinets. Some 20 cabinets were toned pretty much the same color over all, including the base, while others had dark shading around the edges. Many of the cabinets that had the edges shaded, had the dark shading on the base also. Since I don't use aerosol toners, I will leave that for others to answer. Ron?

Eric (MrGrnEgz), I noticed that the base on your cabinet is a little rough. I think Ron has a set that he would like to sell.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

(08-13-2017, 11:08 PM)Steve Davis Wrote:  Eric (MrGrnEgz), I noticed that the base on your cabinet is a little rough. I think Ron has a set that he would like to sell.

Steve

I'd like to talk to Ron. TBH, I'm not sure who Ron is quite yet, but please let him know I'd like him to PM me.

Thanks Icon_smile

- Eric

Philco 20A
Zenith T825

After searching around the phorum some more I now see who Ron is... Icon_smile

- Eric

Philco 20A
Zenith T825

Yep, Ron Ramirez, the Phorum Administrator aka Mr. Philco.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

I am indeed Ron, and will answer your PM shortly.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

So, what have you decided to use? Is it possible for you to post a picture or two? Thanks!