Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1934/35 Radio Question

I have a 34 radio which has parts in in from 35.  I cannot tell the difference between the 34 ashtray radio and the 35/6 open car radios.  There is a definite difference between open car radios and closed car radios for 35/6.  I am looking for a 34 head to go with my radio.

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

I created a new thread for this, its kind of a combination question and wanted item so we'll leave it here for now so your thread doesn't dissappear in 30 days which is what would happen in the Wanted Ads section.

Hope you get some answers!

I think that one of the control connections [volume and tuning] in the model N is female, both male in FT-6.  
you can also compare schematics.  one for the model N is in the may-june ford service bulletin, pg 192, the FT-6 on line at http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...014014.pdf
 at the least, you can compare the FT-6 pictures on line to your radio. in particular, check the location of the output transformer, part no. 46. in the FT-6, it's bolted to a vertical plate right in the middle of the radio. in the model N, it's bolted to a horizontal plate beside the vibrator on the tube side of the radio.
 good luck.