Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 650 decals

A couple of questions about the 1936 Philco 650 console. I know it had the Philco decal, but did it originally have decals above the knobs? I don't see a set on Radio Daze. Mine is in the rebuild stage with the dial off for protection. Looking from the front, is the BC band extreme right? Thanks.

Don't think I've ever seen any decals except for the Philco logo on the '36 models. The 37-116 did but  116B and116X didn't.
> Looking from the front, is the BC band extreme right?
Typically the bands are presented from top to bottom. Do you mean the bandswitch position?

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

The 1936 Philco 650 only had a PHILCO decal (DCL-PH8 from Radio Daze).

The band selections, from left to right looking at the front of the set, are: LW, AM (BC), "Police", SW.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks guys. You still have game.

Gee Ron, you always have the answers in your back pocket. Could this be your first slip. Turns out (if the book is correct) that Philco put a long-wave weather band extreme counterclockwise on the 650. The standard broadcast is second from left, followed by two SW bands. Who da thunk it?

Attached Files Image(s)

I was biting my tongue as I noticed that the 650 has LW reception. Was thinking it would a little out of place to have LW band after the MW band.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

So who's perfect? Icon_lolno It's been so long since I worked on a 650 that I forgot about the LW band. Icon_redface I edited post #3 above to reflect that fact.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN