Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 89 Dial stringing

Is there any kind of ratio of rosin to acetone?

Well, I'm PO'D right now. For some reason the tuning cap has decided to freeze up on me, why I don't know. I decided to remove it from the chassis and start over. Just sent it thru my ultrasonic cleaner and now have it drying in the sunlight. All pulleys and tuning shafts will also be recleaned with acetone. Hopefully by tomorrow at this time I will again have a functioning tuning capacitor.

Sorry to hear it.

I don't know what ratio of acetone to rosin Bill T. used. When I tried it, I used just enough acetone to make the rosin melt completely; I did not make any measurements. I would guess no more than a 1:1 ratio but I really do not know.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

After a recleaning of the tuning capacitor and pulley system, a little rosin concoction on the dial cord and the Tri-Flow my tuning cap is back in business.

Icon_clap Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap

Thank you thank you, I'll be here for awhile anyways.

Finally finished this radio. Now I'm not a cabinet guy so all i did was give it a gojo cleaning and a wax. Besides, minor scapes gives it character.

[Image: http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg187...m4ykvn.jpg]

jim
looks great  Icon_clap Icon_clap
I for one like the original used look Icon_thumbup

sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Thank you Sam, a man with great taste.