Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Solder... where?

Dumb question time.  So, apparently the rest of my solder was lost in my last move.  Where do you find yours, what store and brand, blend, weight, etc?  Icon_think  I am probably overlooking an obvious place. 

Seriously, I have found some pretty poor substitutes which don't flow well.  I am in California, so an online supplier would help as well.  

By the time I buy some new solder, I will probably find my old stuff.   Icon_crazy   Thanks for your help!

Any major catalog like Mouser will sell any solder you like, tin-lead 40-60 eutectic included.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I've been ordering this from Amazon when I need solder quickly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005T8NGP4/

I just bought the same one as in Nathan's reply at Fry's Electronics local to me.  It appears there is a location in Sacramento and many other CA locations if you'll be traveling near them.

Thanks guys! I should have thought of Amazon, Mouser, and Fry's. Any other sources are also welcomed.

Any Radio Shacks near you having going out of business sales? Good time to stock up.

Greg

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

The True Value hardware store near me sells 60/40 lead/tin "fine electrical solder" so I use that. It's Alfa Fry brand and it works as well as any I have ever used.

Rob