Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Still '' ANOTHER'' Deforest Crosley

They warned me ,, when I started in this radio collecting hobby, that I would get hooked,
but I didn't listen to them.
  Well this  is the third Deforest Crosley this month.
 It is a model 8D991, and supposedly  rare.
 I tested the 6X6 eye tube and it glows OK, not bright , but livable.
  Of course the cabinet has to be done. The radio has a beam of light dial which I am looking
forward to seeing in action.
 Here are some photos 
 Dan in Calgary

Attached Files Image(s)

Living in Calgary Alberta

Wow, That veneer is super nice..
I love that dial too... Its so.... BIG! Icon_lol

Icon_smile

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Once properly refinished, it will be a real looker.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

WOW and double WOW I am with Kirk I love it!

Dan;
  Your set is called the "Liszt", I have that set's twin brother called the "Brahms" model, the difference is that the "Brahms" has motorized tuning which they charged an extra $10 for, other then that it's the same as the "Liszt". Your cabinet is a little better then mine, mine needs some chipped veneer repaired on the top, and mine is missing two of the knobs, the outside ones I think. In terms of rarity I'm not so sure, I've seen at least three Deforest-Crosley "Liszt" models for sale on craigslist sites in my region over the past two years, the last one being in the Victoria area. Unfortunately some busy body decided that the four original controls were not enough and added two extras, right through the front panel, next to the band switch. I can't recall seeing another "Brahms" model but I must have seen at least one for sale, I have seen at least two of the "Rogers" equivalents of the 10 and 11 tube chassis models. It stands to reason that the non motor drive version would be more common since it was less expensive, $10 was enough to buy a five tube AC/DC in the pre war years.
Regards
Arran

I just finished recapping this one and I find that the 6X6 tube is quite good,which is unusual.
 It plays very good, and the dial is nice.  Here are a couple of photos of the tube.
  Dan in Calgary.

Attached Files Image(s)

Living in Calgary Alberta