Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 47-1230 phono

I need a needle for this unit. Where might i find one? It has the original player that did well until the jewel of the needle fell off.

Those needles are very rare. Most ppl change the record player because they cant find the cartridge or needle...But, when I wanted one I did find it on ebay. I found it in the closed listings that was never sold and emailed the guy, he still had it and sold it to me. It's worth a try, just keep watching ebay if one isn't there now. You may get lucky.

Ok thanks. I actually made a needle for it. The original had a small piece of metal bent to a 90 degree with the jewel pressed through a hole in the end of it. The other side of the 90 went into a hole in the cartridge. I took metal of the same diameter and bent it into a 90. I then took a stylus from an old bsr turntable and married it to the 90 piece i made. I did this by using small heatshrink to hold the needle and the 90 together. I topped if off with a dab of crazy glue. It worked like the original. The only problem i have with it is that i dont trust it to stay together. It has so far.

Wow, very nice. Hopefully it will.stay . Becareful about putting things in the hole in the Cartridge. I have heard it is very easy to mess the hole up and then it wouldnt work.

Hmmm....just thinking: I have a complete phono for a 46-1226. I wonder if it has what you need on it. I haven't looked at it in a while.

Rob

If you wouldnt mind, please look. I would be willing to purchase perhaps.

I'll look. Sorry I got way busy and haven't "forumed" in a while.