Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Radiobar 1940-1941 Chippendale

Here are some new pics of my fully restored Chippendale Radiobar.  I redid the electronics and  replaced grill cloth (similar period).  Replaced pushbuttons with new. Removed and polished all screws and chrome.  I was very lucky to find this radio cabinet in such good condition.  I used a touch up stick and many coats of Minwax to bring this unit back.  There are some very small imperfections in the original finish but it looks like new, and hopefully will retain more value. It has all the complete and correct glassware in mint condition. I do have a question about this unit though. Do any of you know of any other RP-200's that might be out there? I have been told that this might be the only one that has survived??  Thanks.

A gorgeous thing.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Looks Fantastic!!!!  Very happy for you.  BTW, if you wanted to find the globe style bulbs for the lights, they are S11 bulbs. 
Matt

Many years ago, I had two Radiobars,I can't recall if they even had a model # anywhere on them, mid 30's maybe '37? One I got from a friend, had NO glassware in it, other one I bought out of an estate sale and it had all the glass in it. I remember they had silver stripes around each piece. I don't recall any other colored stripes though. The ice buckets were aluminum with large rubber "O" rings at their top lips, to quietly sit in cut-outs at the left of the work tray.
   I'm betting these were original glassware, as this estate was well kept by the mature woman that lived there. I'm betting she was a lot of fun back in the day too. I agree with past post, don't ditch the glassware you have. Who's to say factory didn't change at some point.

That is a work of art!! You do great work. I have not seen one of that model anywhere around the Northeast, (yet)!   The Radiobar I had from the woman's estate sale had "pink" light bulbs in it. It looked pretty cool, reflecting off all the highly polished chrome so I left it that way. I also remember the liquor bottles had the type printed on them in silver, Gin, Bourbon, etc.