Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 89L Power Switch Bad?

Hey everyone! The power switch on this set seems to be intermittent. Sometimes it give me a "closed" state no matter what position it is in. Other times it reads closed in off state, and open in the on state. I do not see where I can dis-assemble it to possibly repair it. Anybody seen this issue before? Any quick fixes??

I moved this to the electronic restoration section.

I've had power switches that seemed inoperative but after hitting them with deoxit and working the switch back and forth has fixed them sometimes. There is usually a space to squirt in some juice.

Which is it: coupled with a potentiometer or a separate switch with two rivets at each end? Potentiometers are easily opened; the latter is worse: you have to drill out the rivets' heads and carefully pry the switch apart.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

On the 89l the switch is coupled with the band selector. Position 1 is power on. Position 2 is police band. I will attempt the cleaner. As a last resort, I will drill out this rivets. Thanks guys!!

I had the power switch go bad on a model 19 the spring inside the switch broke. I had a old volume control that had the same switch drilled rivets out of both of them and used 4-40 screws to install new switch worked great.

Vinzer