Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-116 OPPORTUNITY

Hello all, I have an opportunity to purchase a 38-116 which is in unrestored, untouched condition.  Looks complete with all the clarifiers, etc, the cabinet looks like an easy refinish.  I know this was a "top of the line" radio for the time, would $75-$100 be reasonable to pay for it?

Better than reasonable. Great deal.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thread moved out of the electronic restoration section.

Yes I too think thats not a bad price.

Photos?

Greg

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

More than reasonable...actually cheap...if it is in decent shape.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Great radio.. I have one in my bedroom and its a real pleasure to listen to. The price is right for you to add this one to your collection. Grab it before someone else dose.   Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

Here is a picture of the cabinet, just refinished and new cloth/decals, not the clearest pic, but you can see it.  The chassis was not touched since new, will work on the electrolytics soon .

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice.
It will sound awesome once done.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.