Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Someone was here before me.

I just bought this 610F. In taking the chassis out and looking. It seems like someone has been into it before me. What else should I look at changing?  Sorry but this is completely new to me.

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Yes, those are relatively new looking electrolytic caps that have been added in. What you want to do next depends on how familiar you are with reading schematics and what type of restoration/repair you want to do.

If you are interested in restoring the chassis so it looks like it did when it came out of the factory then those new caps will come out and be stuffed into the original electrolytic cans if you have them. If you don't care that the electrolytics are tacked in there, they may be OK and you don't need to do anything if they are correctly placed. The 610 has other capacitors in the bakelite blocks that will likely need changing out if they have not been done. Easy to do using this thread as a guide.

You can find a number of threads for folks working on 610s...here's mine.

Hi Scott and welcome,
Looks like the only thing that was done was the original electrolytics were disconnected and new one ere added. Caps in the blocks are original. For starters I would restuff the electrolytics into the original cans and rebuild the blocks. Check resistors  and replace one that are out of tolerance. Test for weak tubes, replace tuning cap rubber mounts (if worn), remove cln and grease the two speed dial drive, align with a signal generator, and enjoy.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry