Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Predicta Holiday

I just struck a deal for a very nice Predicta Hoilday,.. Some time in the next week or so I'll be picking it up.. I don't know if it was in working condition when last unplugged, so I won't be powering it up.. I'm not really sure I want to attempt a resurrection.. Thoughts on these sets??

Thanks,..
Stan

I have one. When it works, it'll be the coolest thing to look at.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Someday (and that day may never come), I intend to acquire one of those! Wanted one for the past 40+ years, now... Icon_cry

The Holiday was the entree level Predicta 19" crt and series strung heaters/voltage doubler p/s. The 17" sets use a power transformer. Both are no picnic to service! The sweep, sync, and audio circuits are on the main circuit board but back then wire wrap technology was used to attach abt 30 wires to the this board. These have to come off to remove the board so you can get to the under side to unsolder parts. There are several couplets (resistor/cap combinations molded together) that are often bad causing sweep and sync problems.

The crt has a low voltage heater (abt 2v) and a 110deg deflection angle, that's how they can make the crt rather short. With that being said the crt's are hard to come by these days. Would test the old one before investing a lot of time repairing the chassis.

I've a a Siesta model but haven't dug into it yet.

Google is your friend. Lot's of info is out on the net.

Eletro, Be careful what you wish for you may get it!!!

GL

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Make double triple sure you have your tester set to 2.xx volt setting before you plug into the tube or you may say bye bye to that picture tube. I see them come through Ebay once in a while, so if it is bad, (with a little patience) you stand a chance to score one.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44