Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1934 Packard Car Radio Information
Photo 

Hello,
Can anyone help me locate service literature for a Packard (Philco) P-9 Code 122 car radio?
Here is a photo of the decal inside the set.

Thanks,

Paul

Attached Files Image(s)

OK, apparently a model listed as a Philco Model 9 in NA. is very similar to the P-9. Tube compliment is the same, and I will investigate if they are one-in-the-same radio. 

Can anyone confirm this?

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Have not worked on any car radios so can't help you but others may have info.

The power supply looks like it was off board connected to a female ended cable, which could have been connected to either sets of batteries, or a vibrator supply, the tube filaments may or may not have been in series. The earliest car radios were very much like a farm or portable radio installed in a car with a set of "A","B", and "C" batteries to power it, and almost all were aftermarket installations, Packard may have been one of the earlier marques to offer a radio as a factory option since they were higher end cars to start with. I could look in my Philco factory manual but I'm not sure if it has any car radio schematics in it, it was given to me by an uncle who tended to eschewcar radios and TV schematics so they may have been edited out of the binder.
Regards
Arran