Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Faurbanks morse radios

Hi fellas,
Just wondering if anyone knows how rare Fairbanks Morse radios are.
I currently have a 1936 9 tube cosole as well as a 1936 8 tube console.
Both have beautiful dials with smaller lit dials at the bottom of the larger oval multicolored dial.
Both are recapped and working good.
Have someone who wants to buy one in the worst way.
Might just keep both as they are quite rare around minnesota anyway.
Any opinions?
Murf

They made a good set, not too many cheapies that Fairbanks Morse did. So if you feel it is going to a good home maybe OK to sell one, I do not see many around the Northeast. It all comes down to will it be appreciated, and enjoyed at the new home. 

Paul

Tubetalk1

Not sure how rare they are, as I do see them pop up from time to time on the 'bay, but they generally command a sturdy price when they do, due in no small part, I'm sure, because of their beautiful dials. Here's mine:

Incidentally the Fairbanks-Morse company is still very much in business in Beloit, WI. They no longer make radios, however: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Nice Indianapolis made radios that aren't very common, especially with the Turret Shield and 22" metal speaker expander still in place.  As mentioned they have beautiful dials that are colorful and many have the two smaller dials at the bottom of the main dial:

I had an 8A console that I foolishly sold years ago and it took me 20 years to find another nice one.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Thats the one i just finished restoring.
Awesome dial and a great player for an 8 tube.
Murf

Not too common out here in the Pacific Northwest, either.

I found a Fairbanks Morse 8218 tombstone in a collector's offerings locally and snatched it up. Other than that, I've seen maybe 2 F.M. consoles in 6 years of looking, and that's it. One down in Eugene, OR (6 hrs south), and the other out past Spokane, WA (5+ hrs east). So pretty far-flung, no others that were local.