Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trying to learn more about my philco radio

Hey Guys,

New member here.  We have an philco radio that we are trying to find out some more info about.  I have tried to Google and figure out model, etc, but I'm really not sure.  Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

Welcome!

Well if you can post a picture or two that would be the best way for us to help narrow it down and tell you more about it.

See this post for how to add images to your posts:
http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=29

Thank you very much!  Here are a few pictures I took of it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another pic

Attached Files Image(s)

One more...

Attached Files Image(s)

Hmmm - I didn't find it in the gallery. It looks like a late 1940s model to me.

Very possibly a Canadian model (many were not the exact same style as U.S. models). Hopefully someone else will know.

The model number very well may be on a tag inside the cabinet or stamped on the chassis. As an example, a label around that era might look like:

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

I did not see it in the phorum gallery either although sometimes actual production models look different than early advertisements and some of those gallery pics are ads I think. Hopefully there is a model number tag in there.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I'm sure it is a Canadian model (as we live in Canada)

After work today I'm going to search for a model number tag on it, though I can't recall seeing anything like that.