Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trying to remember a Zenith Stereo

I thought I would try posting in this section as the unit I am thinking of is indeed a stereo. I can recall trying to get one of these off eBay years ago, but the prices were always high. I also saw one in the flesh about five years ago, but it was being worked on for a customer at the shop.
I am at least wanting to research one of these, so here goes with a description. What I am taking about is a Zenith, table stereo. From what I recall it had speakers that folded shut across the front, had the AM-FM tuner as well as a phonograph that unfolded from the front (once the speakers were opened up of course!). It is a full tube unit, no transistors that I can recall. Also, it looks a bit like an old TV from the back as it has a molded back due to using the tube chassis. Now, does anyone here know what I am talking about?  Icon_eh Trying to do a Google search just makes me want to pick up this laptop and fling it out the window! Icon_lolno

No matter where you go, there you are.

You thinking of something like this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Zenith-...2498695233
Don't know if it is a tube or ss.

That one sure looks like an old TV when it's folded up! Gotta be it!

That's it! Thank you! Icon_clap   It is a 10 tube unit from what I just found out. Looks like it's basically my small console Zenith Stereo packed into a table case. Definitely uses the same output tubes. If only that one on eBay was closer to me.. Icon_think

If you're going to the Kutztown show DKinYork over on ARF lives in York. Dennis may be able to help you out.

I doubt I'll be able to make Kutztown. Usually I end up working that weekend no matter what I do. That and the van still needs work. Got some of it done now, but with no garage we are at the mercy of the weather!