Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rare Stewart Warner 1271 Cabinet overhaul

Picked this up at last Sargent auction in Dallas, don't see these around to much. The veneer is shot except for the round section were the dial is. I have new African rosewood veneer for the front . The lower sides and front will be new also. Sure will be a nice one when finished.

Attached Files Image(s)

This little jewel is coming right along. lookin forward to seeing it complete and playing once again.

Attached Files Image(s)

More pics, still needs some veneer work on the very top section.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's the chassis before I started repairs.

Attached Files Image(s)

That is wonderful work Mr Taylor. I can certainly appreciate the attention to detail.

May I ask what do you use to refinish the chassis? My next project will require similar attention.

Thanks

Ed

I don't hold with furniture that talks.

First I bead blasted , then I used a good auto primer, then I used some auto paint that u can get at auto zone. Its pretty good stuff and dries fast like lacquer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thank you for the info and pictures,

Ed

I don't hold with furniture that talks.

I finished the Stewart Warner 1271, took quite a bit of work but was well worth it, this model just doesn't show up very much and are expensive when they come up for sale in good shape. I tend to get my radios at low prices because they need much work and I know how to repair cabinets. Anyway this sure does look nice now, may not be exactly like factory but whos complaining.

Attached Files Image(s)

Few more pics

Attached Files Image(s)