Guest Join Us

Hello Guest,
Please feel free to join us!
There are many more parts of the Phorum that only members can see.
Learn about all of the benefits of being a member. or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1937 Ford F-1442 Philco car radio
I'm working on a 1937 Ford car radio, model F-1442 and my manual for the radio does not seem to have any instructions for alignment. I need to know where to hook up the signal generator to align the radio. I can hear static through the speaker but so far no radio signals at all and I have been working replacing the old wax paper capacitors. I need to know which tube, and what pin I connect to, I am going to guess the number 78 tube at 260 KC but I want to verify that.
aligning steps: http://www.nostalgiaair.org/ pagesbymodel/000/M0014000.pdf

you might have noticed in my reply to your other post that the URL doesn't come thru correctly. use the one above but REMOVE the spaces between / and pagesbymodel

if you still need a signal generator, search ebay using Vintage Heathkit Signal Generator Model G-1 for the one there now.

ps now I see that the URLs work if you click on them. but [obviously] not if you copy and paste. shoulda known/remembered.