Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Westinghouse WR10A

+1 on the rubber fuel line.  I used a small piece on an AK cathedral and it works great.....  Take that bushing with you to roughly match up the ID and OD of a piece of hose.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Ok, Ready for power up..Brought up slowly and at 110 Volts reading about 700 Ma. Good so far.. B+ present..

NO sound.. So tried the finger on the Grid caps trick The RF tube No Sound Then tried the 1st DeT tube.. SOUND and signals present.. So went back and replaced the 35 RF tube Still no sound.. Rechecked the Antenna coil all good.. So tried the Coil after the RF tube.. Seems like the Primary is open.. So measured B+ on the 35 RF tube Nothing.. Seems like confirmed open...

Now I know for a fact I measured that part of coil and it was fine..Why its open now ???

So now I need a fix.. Can I add resistor in place of the primary and couple the Plate to the other side of coil that's good..If so what values should I use.. Here is partial schematic..

[Image: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/882/26587...45cb_b.jpg]

Skip...

Do you have HV at the bottom of he coil??

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

No.. Well silly me.. I forgot to hook up the wire from the HV to the bottom of the coil.. I remeasured coil and it about 52 Ohms. So coil good.. I am in process of hooking up the wire to bottom to give HV to the RF tube..

I will then try again..

Skip..

Well, That cured the problem.. Does wonders if you have voltage where its supposed to be..

Now to get tuning dial mounted then on to alignment..

Thanks Terry and all for help with this..

Skip..

Well Alignment went good. It was off by quite a bit.. But picks up lots of stations now. Sounds good..

So now I will put on the replacement dial and align the Frequencies..

Looking good so far..

Skip..