Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco C-1608 Plymouth car ardio

I am trying to restore a C1608 radio back to operating condition. I had to dismantle the radio to get the speaker out to have it re-coned. I am not sure if I didn't get a wire or two connected back to the proper terminals on the pushbutton switch as I cannot get a signal through the front end. I can inject the 470KHZ IF frequency at the grid cap of the IF tube and get an audio signal out of the speaker. From the mixer tube plate or grid, I cannot get a signal through to the speaker. Same at the antenna input . I am getting a loud growl from the radio even after bridging the filter cap with a 10MFD cap. I have replaced all the coupling and decoupling caps and all the bad resistors. I have no idea what the B+ should be, but I have about 200 volts at the filter cap and about 153 volts at the plates of all the other tubes except the rF tube which reads about 135 volts. I have a Rider schematic sheet but they don't give voltage readings. SAMS has spoiled me!
The tubes all check good in my tube tester. I did have to clean the tube sockets to get a B+ reading on the RF tube. I had 153 volts at the socket connetion, but the tube pin showed no voltage at all.
I either need an other C1608 radio to look at to see if I crossedup some wires or maybe get someone to fix the radio for me.

Check your osc. transformer

I will check the osc. xmfr, but I have no idea what the resistance should be. Icon_redface