Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to set preset stations on my PHILCO AM radio (1973 FORD)

Hello... about a year ago I purchased a 1973 Ford F-100 for... $89. I've cleaned her up, keeping her original to honor the previous owner... and I've really been appreciating the original PHILCO AM radio. Surprisingly, there are a few AM stations that play good tunes... so why not use it? No one is going to break into my truck to take it.

The thing is... I don't know how to set the preset stations (push buttons) so that when I get in and I want to surf the stations for my mood music, I don't have to dial around with one hand and drive with the other.

I'm sure this is simple... and even though I've tried many different things... I don't want to break something by pulling or pushing too hard on one of the knobs or buttons. I've looked all over the web for directions or instructions and have found NOTHING.

Am I the only person too clueless to figure this out? If not, whoever can answer this might be helping out some other people like myself.

Thank you for having this wonderful forum.

Sincerely,

Doobers

If i am thinking right find station pull button out .When you want that station push button brings it back to it . but you have to pull button back out before you move dial . Icon_rolleyes

Here are the instructions for a 1971 Ford radio
1. Pull button out.
2. Tune manually to desired station.
3. Press button in firmly.
4. Repeat for remaining buttons.

Hope this works for you, it worked for me way back when I was cruising main.
Icon_smile

Hello, Doobers: If all of the advice does not work I recommend you remove the radio and replace it with anything GM. Icon_wink

Cruel response TA!Icon_biggrin
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.