Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

PHILCO CAR RADIO 920

I'AM NEW TO THIS SITE. I HAVE A OLD PHILCO RADIO MODEL 920. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE TO GO TO FIND OUT WHAT IT WOULD BE WORTH.

I DID FIND OUT THAT IT SOLD NEW IN 1939 FOR $24.95

THANKS FOR ANY INFO

HI:
I have been restoring vintage auto radio for quite a few years now and I use to sell at antique car flea markets , all I can say is that your 920 is not worth much as they want OME radios and not after markets, I was actually looking for a 920 as I had found a Philco advertising display sign that used the actual the radio ,a 920, I bought my 920 in nice condition from eBay for $9.99, I later found one in rough shape on ebay I thought for buying for parts, but I felt the shipping was too much, it did not sell!
I'm restoring a Philco 39-6CI ,a little 1939 table radio, and need knobs , I believe they are the same as 920 auto radio, has your radio got the knobs? Also I would like one of the "L" dash brackets ,have you got one?
Sometimes this old stuff can suprise you and we both maybe sitting on a gold mine!, but I really do not think so, most of my old auto radios ,I'm lucky to get my repair cost out of them . It seams that now a days people are not really restoring vintage cars, they want modern FM radios, and offen have the original radios distroyed with "modern" JUNK put in them , People would come up to my flea market space and tell me that my radios where "BOAT ANCHOR" , that makes you feel real good !
I love old cars and old radios ,but the car shows have changed so much that there is usually nothing at them now a days that I'm really interested in. Well it looks like it's time for me top get off of my "SOAP BOX"